[PD-dev] % char in external name

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun May 14 19:31:06 CEST 2006

Fredrik Olofsson wrote:
> all right!  thanks for that one.
> but then, and excuse my ignorance, other non-loaderhex-patched PDs still
> can't run them right?

well right. bt since the heaxloader patch made it into core pd (as of
version 0.40 iirc) this shouldn't be a problem; i mean you could also
refrain from using pd on osX since oler versions of pd where not
available on this os :-)

> hm, i'll stick with alphanumeric.

this is generally a better idea.
the reason for my patch was really about making it possible to have
names like [mtx_*] which are a lot more clumsy when you
use[mtx_multiply] - and not so much to have cool [ä()$$] names (but as a
by-product this is also possible)

mfg.dar#
IOhannes