[PD-dev] new developer - markus

Markus Noisternig noisternig at iem.at
Mon May 15 13:48:40 CEST 2006

hi to you all,

johannes zmoelnig invited me to apply for a pd-dev community
membership. here i am.

first of all, let me introduce myself:
i completed my studies in music technology and sound engineering -
holding a masters degree - in 2001. since then i work at the IEM as a
lecturer and staff member. my background is in music technology and
sound engineering with a strong focus on binaural virtual environments,
multi-channel sound reproduction systems, and real-time audio signal
processing - with pd - which i applied in numerous scientific projects
and live performance situations of contemporary music in europe
(supported by the IEM staff members, especially thomas musil, johannes
zmoelnig, and winfried ritsch). additionally, i work as a freelance
sound designer and "tonmeister". recently, i became a member of the
pd~graz community.

due to my phd research the focus shifted towards  small aperture sized
microphone arrays, low latency denoising algorithms and nonlinear
signal processing; however, I simultaneously pursued advancing the
IEM's ambisonics approach. i hope to finish my phd work next summer, to
spend more time in artistic projects, contemporary music and pd.

anyway, i am not such an experienced code writer as winfried, johannes
and thomas are, but i am on the way to polish up my skills in
programming pd externals. my welcome package will be an external
library for adaptive filtering using least mean square algorithms, also
supporting several coefficient constraints; programmed together with
thomas recently. therefore, i have a great interest in extending this
lib by further adaptive filter algorithms, e.g. least squares or affine
projection, next time.

further information about me and my projects you'll find at IEM's
website
http://iem.at/Members/noisternig

so,  i hope to have addressed the relevant criteria you require for my
application to become a pd-dev member.

cheers,

markus

--
Markus Noisternig
Institute of Electronic Music and Acoustics