[PD-dev] outlet_anything() & threads [OT]

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Fri May 19 23:10:18 CEST 2006

As a scientist I love the company of my scientist friends. We can
chat to the early morning sun about  electrical  fields  and  the
properties  of quarks. When with the mathematicians we never lose
a moment to stroke our beards over Euler and Riemann. Oh and  the
practical japes I enjoy with my engineer chums in the HE physics
lab.

But my engineer buddies for all  the  great  things  they've
built never got anything reliable enough to work for long.
Fortunately the scientists  know how to fix  it,  they're still
waiting  for  some  results  to  come  in but they reckon they've
achieved perfection, at least on  paper.  My  mathematical  mates
have  an  elegant  proof of this discrepancy, something to do
with the set of all sets that don't include themselves as subsets.

Anyway it's not as if we can't all work together. Between us we've
discovered that if offered the choice of a  one or five year
warranty on a device built to last exactly 13 months, 90% of the
time I will opt for the service contract  thus achieving  the
optimal transfer of money from my pocket to elsewhere.