[PD-dev] configure.in changes for PortAudio on Intel Macs

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed May 24 18:47:42 CEST 2006

Please submit a "diff -uw" patch to the SourceForge patch tracker,
otherwise, this code will most likely never leave the list (judging
by past experience).

An easy way to generate the patch file is to modify a clean version
from CVS, then run:

cvs diff -uw configure.in > macintel.patch

.hc

On May 24, 2006, at 6:42 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> Actually it's already in the configure script around line 7000.  I
> came up with this for the architecture test:
>
> if test `uname -p` = i386;
> then
>    MORECFLAGS="-DMACOSX -DUNISTD -I/usr/X11R6/include \
>         -I../portaudio/pa_common -I../portaudio/pablio \
>        -I../portmidi/pm_common -I../portmidi/pm_mac \
>        -I../portmidi/porttime \
>        -Wno-error \
>        -DUSEAPI_PORTAUDIO -DPA_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DPA19 -
> DPA_USE_COREAUDIO"
> else
>    MORECFLAGS="-DMACOSX -DUNISTD -I/usr/X11R6/include \
>         -I../portaudio/pa_common -I../portaudio/pablio \
>        -I../portmidi/pm_common -I../portmidi/pm_mac \
>        -I../portmidi/porttime \
>        -Wno-error \
>        -DUSEAPI_PORTAUDIO -DPA_BIG_ENDIAN -DPA19 -DPA_USE_COREAUDIO"
> fi
>
> The tcl/tk part of the script is acutally ok because it adds the
> -framework tcl/tk lines which include all the headers and libs.
>
> cgc
>

> On 5/24/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>>

>> It would be excellent if you could fix the configure.in and submit
>> a patch to the patch tracker.  Also, ./configure should find
>> whichever Tcl/Tk frameworks you have installed, if not, its a bug,
>> and it would be nice to have a fix for it.
>>

>> From about line 300 of pd/src/configure.in
>>

>>     else
>>         # Panther has Tcl here; Tiger has Tcl and Tk here
>>          TCLTK_FRAMEWORKS_PATH="/System/Library/Frameworks"
>>     fi
>>

>> .hc
>>

>> On May 23, 2006, at 9:26 PM, chris clepper wrote:
>>

>> The configure.in for Miller's 0.39-2 (and CVS) makes the
>> assumption that Darwin is always big endian and defines -
>> DPA_BIG_ENDIAN.  I manually changed the resulting makefile to the
>> little endian flag for Pd to work. Also, I used the version of Tcl/
>> Tk that comes with OSX which is in /System/Library/Frameworks/ so
>> I changed that in the makefile as well.
>>
>>  cgc

>> _______
>>

>>  "Computer science is no more related to the computer than
>> astronomy is related to the telescope."
>>
>>                                                            -Edsger
>> Dykstra

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                                -William Carlos
Williams