[PD-dev] call for discussion: native video for Pd

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Sun May 28 14:49:55 CEST 2006

Hi Miller,

> To begin with at least, I'm hoping to be able to do all video
> operations
> except storage using floating-point numbers,

Does this also mean that you will be finally accepting the SIMD
extensions? Otherwise i can't figure out how video should be
realistically working, cpu-wise.

Concerning fat externals, i would rather prefer a more general solution
to tackle the variety of architectures available... i386 vs. PIII vs.
P4 vs. AMD64 vs. G3 vs. G4 vs. G5 / win vs. linux vs. macos
It would be extremely nice and convenient if an architecture-specific
optimized binary could be loaded from a really-fat external bundle, as
suggested several months ago.

best greetings,
Thomas