[PD-dev] debugging pd with gdb or ddd

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun May 28 21:21:12 CEST 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 00:39 +0200, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >> Get ready to laugh... when I need to run gdb on an extern, I just
> >> link
> >> the thing into Pd, debug it, and then take it back out.  Easier
> than
> >> figuring out how to get gdb to see dlopen()-ed code...
> >
> > type this in gdb:
> >
> >   add-symbol-file my_blah.pd_linux
> >
> > it's the second line when you type this other gdb command:
> >
> >   help files
>
> You win the prize!!!

it should be possible to run an embedded gdb in about every editor,
that's designed for writing source code ...
i've been running gdb within emacs and eclipse and i guess, other ide's
like vi(m), kdevelop offer similar features (well, maybe not nano or
pico)
setting a breakpoint in emacs/gud is as simple as typing C-x space ....

hth ... tim

--
TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
  Confucius