[PD-dev] pollfns for [hid]?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon May 29 01:23:03 CEST 2006

I am thinking that it would be nice to have [hid] callback based to
reduce latency (or so that you don't have to poll at 1ms to get low
latency).  Could I use the pollfn stuff for this?  On GNU/Linux, the
input data comes from a file device, so it seems that a pollfn is
meant to do that. But I recall from my [linuxmouse] object that it
only updated when there was pd<->gui network traffic.

____

"Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies."
                                                     - Amy Smith