[PD-dev] [bug] FreeBSD configure fails

mal content artifact.one at googlemail.com
Tue May 30 15:21:15 CEST 2006

Hello.

./configure fails on FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-p7 because
the script looks in /usr/include and /usr/lib when tcl/tk is usually
installed (via ports) into /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib.

The script also tests for linkage against the tcl and tk libraries
with the -ltcl8.X and -ltk8.X flags, when for no apparent reason,
FreeBSD names the libraries:

libtcl84.so                    (-ltcl84)
libtk84.so                     (-ltk84)

Don't you just love unnecessary breakage of standard file
paths?

I'd submit a patch for the configure script, unfortunately, I don't
understand autoconf at all and going by some of the stories I've
heard from other devs, I really don't want to understand it...

cheers,
MC