[PD-dev] compile errors with makefile.mingw

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed May 31 12:32:54 CEST 2006

On May 31, 2006, at 3:07 AM, patco wrote:

> hello,
>
> I had to make some changes in freshly updated cvs files for
> compiling pd with mingw:
>
> removed second and third #else in d_fft.c
> added ringbuffer.c in portaudio/pablio/ (cvs problem?)
> added pa_types.h in portaudio/pa_common/ (cvs problem?)

This is fixed in the latest.  You can use the latest portaudio and
portmidi directories when compiling 0.39.2.  If you checked out
0.39.2 from CVS with "cvs co -r v0-39-2 pd", then just "cd pd && cvs
up -APd port*"

> added asio folder in pd/ (pd/asio/asio.cpp missing)

The ASIO license does not allow us to re-distribute the source, so it
can't be in CVS.  I think we should make ASIO a ./configure --enable-
asio flag so that Pd compiles by default with only free software.

> compiled object are in pd/obj (shouldn't they be in pd/bin ?)
>
> added wish84.exe in pd/bin

If you are using makefile.mingw from the sourceforge patch tracker,
its a hacked up affair that's not worth fixing.  Instead, its a test
bed for how to fix the configure.in and makefile.in for MinGW so that
you can "./configure && make && make install" like the other platforms.

If you want to fix things, then please try out configure.in and
makefile.in, using what works in makefile.mingw.  Otherwise, its
really a waste of time to try to clean up makefile.mingw.

____

  As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should
                                                   - Benjamin Franklin