[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1498393 ] ./configure fails on FreeBSD

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 1 12:33:31 CEST 2006

Bugs item #1498393, was opened at 2006-05-31 18:26
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by artifactone
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=1498393&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata-dev
Group: v0.39.2

Initial Comment:
(there would have been a patch attached but for
some reason, I couldn't get the changes to work.
I thought I'd leave it to somebody halfway
competant with autoconf)

The ./configure script fails on FreeBSD because
it looks in /usr/include for tcl/tk and ignores
/usr/local/include, which is the usual location
for non-system headers.

It also fails attempting to find the tcl/tk libraries
as it looks for libtcl8.X.so when FreeBSD actually
calls it libtcl8X.so (the same applies to tk).
Apparently there were changes to the version in CVS
that fix this, but I've been unable to fetch the source
to test.