[PD-dev] pd-lab: a bunch of machines for auto-building Pd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jun 16 23:22:29 CEST 2006

So I have a bunch of old PCs, a fat internet connection, and some
room to set up some boxes.  My plan is to set up machines that are
devoted to auto-building Pd, one machine for each platform.  This is
what I can provide: Mac OS X 10.3.9, Debian/x86, Debian/PowerPC, and
Win2k.

I have more PCs and I could do installed of PlanetCCRMA, RedHat,
SUSE, whatever if someone would build that machine up to auto-build Pd.

The idea here is to have each of these machines do a complete build
of Pd every night, and report problems to the pd-dev list.  Then
we'll no longer need to make test releases, they'll be there
automatically.

Any help with this would be appreciated.  I can give root access to
those who will do the work.

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.    -
David Zicarelli