[PD-dev] pd and blender integration?

glauber alex dias prado glauberalex at uol.com.br
Sun Jun 18 22:02:36 CEST 2006

Hi im new to this list and also new to pd, i am currently translating
the pd manual into portuguese (my native language) for others have
access to it, i was introduced to pd by Frank BarKnecht trough the
linux-audio mailing list and it really amazed me this structure is very
ample there isnt near limits with this interface.

The fact that im posting to this list is i am a 3d CG artist and my main
software to produce images and animations is blender and it has a lack
of audio synthesis features. So i thought how good it would be to have
pd implemented inside blender so everyone in the "blender" world could
be real and complete animations inside of that soft, this is something
that i would like to try as an experience to take pd into blender,
blender has a node interface that could very well be used to this task
though it isnt so mature yet.

So i have some questions is this thing that im willing to do
"make-able"? If so does someone here has some points where i could begin
to do this thing? i was looking for a mentorship thing also but i think
that most of you dont have the time now to teach a kid, anyway points
and against-points are welcome

Cheers Glauber Prado.

(http://www.blender.org )