[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1509427 ] resampling method for halfblocks

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 21 10:16:58 CEST 2006

SourceForge.net wrote:

> Comment By: Mathieu Bouchard (matju)
>
> to save on CPU and memory, a "doubly real" FFT is possible:
> not only real inputs, but also real outputs. For a
> N-dimensional vector (block size N), there are 2N outputs.
> The way that it is normally reduced back to N, is to combine
> them to produce cosine and sine coefficients. I wonder
> whether that'd be a more appropriate way of dealing with the
> problem than using varying block sizes? (Maybe it's not)

but wouldn't combining sine and cosine coeffs into one signal block
(instead of 2 half-redundant ones) break each and any patch that uses
the fft-objects until now?

while packing the data into 1 signal block saves you memory and cpu, you
lose the elegance of having 2 orthogonal data sets separated at hand
(which imho is quite elegant)

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes