[PD-dev] displaying when an arg has been overridden

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Jun 24 19:23:43 CEST 2006

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> On Jun 23, 2006, at 2:48 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>>> I would prefer something like a tooltip. IIRC I never ran into the
>> Personally, I find tooltips far more distracting that just a tiny bit
>> of color on the screen.
> If the tooltips have a longer delay until they show up, may that's
> endurable?

What if the edit menu has a checkbox to enable canvas-based tooltips?

and a box to set the tooltip delay (?) which might not be needed.

Usually, when someone doesn't want tooltips, the delay has better be high,
very high, and when someone wants tooltips, the delay has better be low,
very low. Which makes me think that there should be a toggle between
infinite delay and zero delay, at least.