[PD-dev] displaying when an arg has been overridden

geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Jun 26 16:10:05 CEST 2006

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> one problem with the tool tips patch is, that miller accepted my patch
> for up/downsampling long ago (btw, i am very thankful for this): both
> use the arguments to the [inlet~], but disagree on the meaning of these
> arguments.

I think this is not the real problem, as up/downsampling could be
specified through other means and backwards compatibility could be
maintained easily.

The reason why he didn't accept the patch was that it changes the
size of the pd base class, which breakes the external ABI and therefore
externals compiled with older version of pd would stop working.

Anyhow, the last thing I wanted to achieve with the tooltips patch
was that some of us use it in order to justify their stopping to
submit patches to the tracker. I have the feeling that these
people are missing the goodwill towards Miller that Miller has always
demonstrated towards them.

So, to all of those who are frustrated and not happy with the current
situation, please try to grow up, and lets try to solve the problem
by working together, not against each other.

Amen

Günter