[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1516869 ] hide object name+args with gop

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jul 4 13:02:14 CEST 2006

Hallo,
SourceForge.net hat gesagt: // SourceForge.net wrote:

> Initial Comment:
> the attached patch adds a new checkbox to the
> gop-properties which allows to "hide object name and
> arguments".
> this makes it possible to have long objectnames which
> at the same time are gop-abstractions with a small width.
> (i think it is very inconvenient if the minimum width
> of a gop-object is determined by the object's name and
> its arguments)
>
> this is related to feature request [ 1491020 ]

I had a quick look: That's quite nice and very useful. Of course it
also has the problem, that now looking at a patch and a printed patch
won't give away all of it's workings. One cannot even say, if a
certain object is of a certain kind just by looking at it (see
attached patch: the left toggle in fact is a subpatch). So this
feature has to be used with great care.

I think it would be nice if I didn't need to open the GUI dialog
everytime I want to edit the object. Something like showing the object
name and argument automatically, if an object is selected in edit mode
would be a useful improvement.

Other than that: great work!

I attached another possible use for this: myvsl.pd, a vslider whose
range is easier to set by arguments then the traditional vsl. This
way, Hans could finally make the slider objects with a default range
of 0-1 which he wished for several times in the past. ;)

Ciao