[PD-dev] tooltips ideas (was: Re: [PD-dev] displaying when an arg has been overridden)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Jul 5 06:54:38 CEST 2006

On Jul 3, 2006, at 2:59 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>
>> what i'll implement tonight is most likely:
>>  #X obj 100 100 inlet;
>>  #V name reset_the_game;
>
> I've implemented #V, but not any handlers for it. This means that
> it can load and save #V directives and will preserve any content.
> The order of #V directives is not preserved for a given object,
> because it is stored in a t_hash.
>
> I was thinking about supporting one atom per property but ended up
> supporting a whole list per property instead.
>
> Patchcords can have #V directives too, because they partially count
> as being objects themselves (t_outconnect is now an extension of
> t_gobj and it's now allocated using pd_new instead of getbytes).
>
>> because \, is the A_COMMA as found in messageboxes; so "name" and
>> "color" are selectors in #V. This will also be loadable as:
>
> turns out that \, is a A_SYMBOL after parsing, and that
> messageboxes further munge arglists by turning the \, A_SYMBOL into
> the A_COMMA.

On a related note, if you are reconsidering properties panels, I
strongly encourage all y'all to make them Pd patches.  This is how
Max/MSP does it and I think it would work very well for Pd as well.
Sounds like this is a good opportunity to make the switch.

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler