[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1518030 ] GOP subpatch clearing itself crashes Pd

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jul 11 23:23:27 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> I don't have any idea how to do that... maybe the "any" object will
> work.

[any] will work for that and it's a common trick to do something like
this:

  [gemhead]

  [bang]

  [1 0 0, 0 1 0, 0 0 1(

  [t b a]
  |    |
  |    [s SQUARE-COORD]
  |
  |   [gemhead 45] <== smaller than gemhead above
  |   |
  [any]      [r SQUARE-COORD]
  |          | (unpack omitted)
  [translateXYZ]

  [square 0.2]

This will draw 3 squares at 1 0 0, 0 1 0 and 0 0 1.
though I just learned that in this case, the [any] also can be
replaced with the second [gemhead 45] altogether.

Btw. I tried to use [list] in this fashion directly after it was
introduced to replace [any] here and found that it doesn't work.

Ciao