[PD-dev] developer cvs update - access denied

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jul 19 10:59:01 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Thomas Grill hat gesagt: // Thomas Grill wrote:

> does someone know why i can't cvs update (via ssh) any more?
> It keeps saying "access denied" which looks as if my access rights have
> changed.

You need to change your password. IIRC you can do this for example by
logging into the SF website at:
http://sourceforge.net/account/login.php

This is the respective news item:

  A recent kernel exploit was released that allowed a non admin user to
  escalate privileges on the host pr-shell1. We urge all users who
  frequent this host to change their password immediately and check
  their project group space for any tampering. As a precaution, we have
  blocked access to all project resources by password until the user
  resets their password. After the password has been reset, project
  resources should be accessible within 5 minutes.

  To change your password:

  1. Login to the SourceForge.net website (your old password will work
  for this, use the lost password feature if you cannot remember it).
  2. Click on the 'Summary' option under the 'My Page' site menu.
  3. Click on the 'Account Options' link.
  4. Click on the '[Change Password]' link.
  5. Fill out the password change form, click the Update button
  6. Wait 5 minutes, all project resources should be accessible using
  the new password at that point in time.

Actually SF automatically prompted me for a new password when I was
trying to login to submit a bug report.

Ciao