[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1518030 ] GOP subpatch clearing itself crashes Pd

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jul 25 14:34:11 CEST 2006

hi

geiger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the case should be investigated. A segmentation fault in Pd is
> a bug and should be avoided. What about delaying the clear message to
> the canvas ?

hmm, introducing a delay will somewhat break the execution order:

[clear, obj 100 100 f(

[s pd-subpatch]

if "clear" was autodelayed, then it would be executed _after_ the
creation of the [f] object, which is most likely NOT what was intended.
(we could also autodelay the "obj 100 100 f" message, but that kind of
leads us to hell)

i would favour a dropping of the "clear" message if it would lead to a
crash and a warning on the console...

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes