[PD-dev] Re: Packaging system (WAS Re: [PD] Pd standalone instruments ... )

hans at eds.org hans at eds.org
Tue Aug 8 02:15:52 CEST 2006

I think this could be a good idea, but it will be quite a bit of
work.  As long as we share a single build system, I think it will
work.  The current one is already pretty modular, but it could use
more work, like a proper ./configure setup.

I am currently in the process of helping Nando @ CCRMA to base his
PlanetCCRMA Pd packages off of the extended build system, and its
mostly working quite well.  But the process is highlighting some
areas that need work.

.hc