[PD-dev] Re: [PD] building HID from the CVS, errors

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Aug 10 00:52:13 CEST 2006

Well, I am in the process of working with Nando, the PlanetCCRMA
creator.  We are building the new PlanetCCRMA Pd packages directly
from the Pd-extended build system.  So far its mostly working pretty
well.  I think this model would work well for the debian packages.

You can already easily redirect every library's install target using $
(DESTDIR) and $(prefix) per the GNU standards.  So the Debian build
could just do something like:

make DESTDIR=/path/to/build/zexy prefix=/usr zexy_install

make DESTDIR=/path/to/build/pdp prefix=/usr pdp_install

make DESTDIR=/path/to/build/pidip prefix=/usr pidip_install

make DESTDIR=/path/to/build/maxlib prefix=/usr maxlib_install

etc. etc. Then each lib will be built as a distinct Debian package.

.hc