[PD-dev] Re: [GEM-dev] pdextended autobuild august 10th 2006

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Aug 11 01:53:15 CEST 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> also seems pool is missing. I guess I'll have to checkout  everything on
>> the laptop and try and build the whole monster myself and see whats
>> going on.
>

> No one's gotten that stuff working with the Pd-extended build system.
> The flext build stuff is strange and it seems Gem is making progress
> with the ./configure stuff.  Really, its just a matter of someone  doing
> the work.  If either build system uses the GNU standard  'DESTDIR' and
> 'prefix' variables correctly, then the install targets  should be easy.
> Otherwise those will have to be implemented.

Hi Thomas,

So can (we/you) alter the flext buildsys so that things like the DESTDIR
and prefix variables (if they are set) provide reasonable defaults to
the conf files?

Hans, are these all environment variables or variables within the
makefile? As in do we need flext to build like this:

build.sh pd gcc
build.sh pd gcc install $DESTDIR $prefix

or can we just run "build.sh pd gcc" with the environment vars set properly?

I'll help were I can, It would be really nice to have flext play nice
with the pd-extended build system.

.b.