[PD-dev] easy way to download the whole shebang

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Aug 13 09:33:44 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> no, it's because all directories switching at the same time means more
> developers switching at the same time which means more developers able to
> help each other with it, supposing that every developer is learning SVN at
> the last minute.

CVS-users can learn the basics of SVN in one minute. But of course
what you say is one more reason to do a complete switch.

> >freeze the repo for a certain time,
>
> how long?

How should I know? You're the one with the crystal ball! ;)

With "freezing" I mean a time span where no developer is allowed to
commit anything, so we can do a clean cut. I guess this time span will
be something between 1 hour and 1 day.

Ciao