[PD-dev] Going from CVS to Subversion

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Aug 13 17:30:17 CEST 2006

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,

> 1) developer vote:
>
>   Should the SF repository switch from CVS to SVN on Sourceforge?
>   [ ] yes
>   [ ] no

i am all for it, but: does sourceforge already implement some kind of
acl for svn? or can we live without acl's?

> 2) sort out techical issues with branches, tags etc.

for externals i would suggest to split branches on each external
separately, (e.g. /externals/zexy/trunk instead of /trunk/externals/zexy
or /externals/trunk/zexy)
(the repository basically consists of a lot of small packages which all
have their independent release cycles)

for pd/pd-devel i suggest 2 main branches in parallel (e.g. /pd/trunk/
and /pd/devel/ instead of /pd/branches/devel

> 3) find someone (incl. admins!) who volunteers to do the import. I
> would volunteer but I wouldn't want to do this completely alone.

i would volunteer too, however i don't see any advantage in having 2 (or
more) persons involved in the migration. (probably when they are at the
same terminal, like with XP, then there might be a benefit)

mfg.adsr-
.IOhannes