[PD-dev] Going from CVS to Subversion

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Aug 13 21:05:24 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:

> well, the pd repository doesn't need to be located at sourceforge ... i
> mean, the plone site is located on an iem server, so, if someone takes
> the work of converting a cvs repository to a subversion, why not move
> the repository server?

Of course IEM would be a fantastic solution in the long run. But
currently we face two problems:

1) CVS sucks.
2) Sourceforge sucks.

In my view, both problems aren't directly related: We could solve 1)
now by moving to SVN and live with 2) for a while longer, until we can
also solve 2) by moving to IEM or similar.

Ciao