[PD-dev] [initbang]: any use?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Aug 21 19:12:14 CEST 2006

Hallo,
carmen hat gesagt: // carmen wrote:

> sounds useful. it recently came up on IRC that abstraction-loadbangs don't work properly:
>
> 21:44 ClaudiusM internal messaging question: why don't abstractions you create with "; pd-blah obj 1 2 myabstraction a b c" get loadbang'd?
> 21:55 ClaudiusM hmm, i think i can create a receive in the abstraction dependant on abstraction arguments and send a bang to that...
> 22:02 ClaudiusM can i do this in each abstraction i want to really loadbang on dynamic creation?
>   [r MEGA_HACKY_LOADBANG_MEGA_HACK]--[once]--[f $0]--[makefilename pd-%d-myabstraction.pd]--"; $1
> loadbang"

This problem already has another fix, which isn't as known as it
should be.

Instead of [r MEGA_HACKY_LOADBANG_MEGA_HACK] you should just send the
message "loadbang" to the subpatch's receiver:

[;
pd-subpatch obj 10 20 myabstraction;
pd-subpatch loadbang(

See attached.

Why auto-generated abstractions don't receive a loadbang autoamtically
has been discussed several times in the past. I don't remember the
reasons, but there were reasons.

Ciao