[PD-dev] [initbang]: any use?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Aug 21 19:19:21 CEST 2006

Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> what is still missing is the possibility for an abstraction to do
>> something before it is destroyed.
>
> This would be even better. For example in [sssad] I'm using the

i am not sure if it is "even better", though it certainly has its uses.

> Now if you use several of these and then delete the one that was
> created first, you are in fact deleting your single instance of the
> singleton-managed object and all hell breaks loose. Kind of. For
> fixing this, a closebang would be the first thing that is needed.

actually this example belongs to the only group of objects where i can
see the use for a closebang.
the other important family would be freeing ressources (memory,
ports,...) which currently can only be reserved via external code and
thus can also be released via external code (where we already have
destructors)

mfg.dr
IOhannes