[PD-dev] argc&argv and dollarexpansion

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Aug 23 03:39:39 CEST 2006

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> which basically means, that [$#( is redundant, as soon as there is a
> [list lenght]. the latter would be more robust regarding incoming
> messages. i just did it for completeness.

What does "completeness" mean here, considering that if [$#( is redundant,
then the feature that it represents is already "complete" under another
form?

> which makes me think, that $@ is really a MUST.

What about a variation on $@ that passes all the arguments starting with
one of your choice? I would like to be able a non-dynamic abstraction
that can take some fixed number of arguments and then take the rest of its
arguments as the contents of an objectbox. e.g. if I write:

[about 42 blah blah blah]

it could be equivalent to:

[- 42]

[blah blah blah] <- variable number of arguments taken starting with $2

[+ 42]

does that sound useful?