[PD-dev] iem_t3_lib - sample rate change

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Wed Aug 23 11:04:55 CEST 2006

Hi,

> this does not react on blocksize changes either, and the samplerate
> changes it reacts on are only changes to the playback (soundcard!)
> samplerate (e.g. when you change the samplerate via the menu (or pd-
> messages) which is not the thing you usually do)
>
> the blocking of the canvas will be completely ignored by this patch.
> however, in your first patch (the "wrong" one) you also took
> [block~] into account.
> what is the reason to discard this solution?

i wasn't sure if the blocking really has an impact on the t3
messages, but you might be right. With the patch i only wanted to
mirror driver-related changes.
I had to discard the first solution, because the objects don't have
signal inlets or outlets, so they won't get signal vectors to take sr
and n from.

> PS: i think that all (and more) of the functionality of iem_t3_lib
> can be done with the builtin [vline~] object.

probably, but one has to go to the signal domain then, taking much
more cpu.

greetings,
Thomas

--