[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1544083 ] alternative names for [list] objects

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Aug 24 00:22:41 CEST 2006

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Aug 23, 2006, at 2:08 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> If a library is a collection of classes, then x_list.c (aka [list]) is
>>> basically a library.  So the list library is the one I am talking about.
>>
>> What's a "collection" of classes? Most files in the pd source would qualify
>> as a collection of classes, yes?
>
> Sure, and they could easily be libraries.  But I think you all know what I am
> talking about.

Ah, now I understand. You wanted to say that classes in x_list.c hide
behind a creator (class_addcreator) which acts as a namespace which is not
the kind of namespace that you are pushing, but which is nonetheless the
kind of namespace that Miller is pushing, by the very fact that Miller
added this system very recently. The fact that it has its own namespace
makes you want to call it a library in your terminology, despite the fact
that Miller doesn't call it a library. Right?