[PD-dev] Re: [PD] fix for 0.40-0test04 audio-on crash + block_bang

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Aug 24 15:39:43 CEST 2006

i moved this thread to pd-dev, in order to not bore people with patches
too much...

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> attached is the fix for the crash when audio is turned on and no dsp
>> objects are present.
>>
>> who has changed "*ip" to "ip" in the d_ugen:dsp_tick() loop?
>
> i see: it was miller and for good reasons.
>
> while my patch prevented Pd from crashing when no dsp objects were
> present, it crashed Pd when there were dsp object.
>
> so this new patch should really fix it.

i discovered that the same problem also happens with the new
"block_bang" feature.

the attached patch fixes this too (for convenience it also includes the
former patch.

btw, i noticed that when blockbanging a subpatch with [bang~] and you
turn audio off (with my patch applied), i get this error message:
"error: bang to block~ or on-state switch~ has no effect"

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes

PS: i hope i can stop this patching soon...:-)