[PD-dev] configuration : .pdrc, preference dialog... s-lang

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Aug 28 21:25:29 CEST 2006

On Aug 23, 2006, at 8:23 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> I think you should reconsider.  I think that we should try to make
>> Pd more platform-native, which Miller's new prefs stuff is a step
>> towards.
>
> If you can't bother telling me why, then I don't know why I'd
> bother reconsidering.

> Besides, note that Pd on Linux/BSD/etc uses the configuration
> system of neither GNOME nor KDE. Don't you mean that it should?

If you already know the intricacies of Mac OS X, for example, why
should you have to learn some other random thing?  Mac OS X and
Debian illustrate this concept very clearly.  In Debian _all_
packages are configured to fit in with the Debian paths and scripts.
That means once you learn how to setup one Debian package, you can
apply that knowledge to any other Debian package.