[PD-dev] configuration : .pdrc, preference dialog... s-lang

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Sep 9 03:22:06 CEST 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

>> How does .pdsettings fit in any way with Debian ?
> how does it not?

Sorry. My question should have been:

   how does .pdsettings fit in Debian in a way that .pdrc doesn't?

> debian-packages usually are configured via files in both /etc/
> (system-dependent) and ${HOME}/ (user-dependent). however, every time i
> ask for this feature,

> "Pd is not for real systems"

What does that mean??

Anyway, if you want to fallback to /etc, you could code it in devel_0_39.
However, I problem that I see is that, when prefix=/usr the global conf
should get installed in /etc, but not when prefix=$HOME. and then, when
it's the default prefix=/usr/local, should it install in /usr/local/etc or
in /etc ?