[PD-dev] configuration : .pdrc, preference dialog... s-lang

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Sat Sep 9 19:33:22 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 9/8/06, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

> Anyway, if you want to fallback to /etc, you could code it in devel_0_39.
> However, I problem that I see is that, when prefix=/usr the global conf
> should get installed in /etc, but not when prefix=$HOME. and then, when
> it's the default prefix=/usr/local, should it install in /usr/local/etc or
> in /etc ?

A global startup configuration file would be very desirable. We could
then write a little pd-add-path script that would simply :

echo -path $PWD >> /usr/lib/pd/pdrc-system-wide

Personnaly, I like the fact that the .pdrc syntax is the same on Linux
and Mac, because they are both actually real systems. ;-)

--
Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net