[PD-dev] configuration : .pdrc, preference dialog... s-lang

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Sep 11 02:53:59 CEST 2006

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006, Alexandre Quessy wrote:

> A global startup configuration file would be very desirable. We could
> then write a little pd-add-path script that would simply :
> echo -path $PWD >> /usr/lib/pd/pdrc-system-wide

simply that? is it because you chmoded /usr/lib/pd or because you run
everything as root?

I agree that it's a nice feature, for it would allow the separation of
pd-extended's default config and whatever a user wants to do.

However, I've not planned this at all in the pdrc editor. How could the
pdrc editor handle the edition of, say, just ~/.pdrc, but taking into
account the fact that /usr/lib/pd/pdrc is going to be loaded, in a way not
too confusing for the user?

If you want to try the pdrc editor, try this:
http://artengine.ca/desiredata/download/desiredata-0.39.A.pre1.tar.gz