[PD-dev] Problem compiling externals for Mac OS X (Mac Intel)

Stefano Papetti papetti at sci.univr.it
Mon Sep 11 14:52:39 CEST 2006

Hello,
I'm trying to compile some externals for the new Mac Intels we have in our
department: I already successfully compiled them for Windows and Linux but
I can't find a way to properly compile them under Mac OS X.

I started from the Linux makefiles and I changed them accordingly to some
posts I found here and there
(http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2003-01/009336.html and the
source code in the 'src' sub-directory of pd).
After a few tweaks, I succeded to compile the first external but when
using it in pd I get the following error from the pd console:

/pd_externs/impact_modalb~.pd_darwin:
dlopen(/pd_externs/impact_modalb~.pd_darwin, 10): no suitable image found.
 Did find:
	/pd_externs/impact_modalb~.pd_darwin: mach-o, but wrong architecture

(obviously '/pd_externs/' is the path where the library
'impact_modalb~.pd_darwin' is)
I can't find any documentation about compiling externals... please help!

Thanks in advance,
Stefano