[PD-dev] Refactoring Pure Data

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 11 20:09:43 CEST 2006

Vincent Lordier wrote:

> Why isn't the last 0.40-0test7 into CVS ? Are there other repositories, and

afaik, it is (probably it was checked in within the last 6 hours)
at least: `pd -version` shows "0.40-0test7" with a checkout i did just now.

> where are they, what are their goal and who maintains them ?

there are no other public repositories for vanilla pd (afaik).

> This is a bit confusing to me : could you explain to me, shortly, what's
> going on around PD devs ?

a lot of work in pd is done not directly via CVS, but in a
single-programmer environment. the changes are then checked into the
repository on an irregular basis (usually getting more frequent when a
release approaches).

please also note, that "PD devs" could mean several things:

a) people working on vanilla pd; this is currently Miller (though he is
usually accepting patches from the patch-tracker)
b) people working on pd-branches (pd-devel, desiredata); this is tim,
matju, thomas grill, carmen and probably some others
c) people writing externals, or patches, or documentation, or packaging
systems, or something else, which they want to share; this is by far the
biggest crowd

mfg.asdr
IOhannes