[PD-dev] Refactoring Pure Data

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 18:39:02 CEST 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 22:39:16 -0400 (EDT)
Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

> Pd shouldn't check for another pd running. It is extremely common to use
> two pd's at once. This is required due to conflicts between audio and
> video. This is even something that we teach to newbies in workshops,
> including how to circumvent OSX's "launch only once" feature.

Agreed, but actually it would be good to have the choice as a comandline
arg of the first one launched with a way to accept patches to open in
the same instance from, say a web browser. Like also when you are in a file
manager and browsing some .pd files you really want them to open in the same
running instance.

2c

a.