[PD-dev] [once] default closed...

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Sep 15 12:47:17 CEST 2006

Hallo,

> IOhannes stuck [once] into the purepd library.  I started that
> library as a DEVELOPMENT library to explore ideas of how to implement
> things in Pd.  IOhannes replaced my code with [once] without asking
> me.  That's bad CVS etiquette.  But [once] was an improvement on what
> was there.  I want to improve it further but you guys are blocking
> me.  So here's what I say:

We're not blocking anything: It was you who asked for opinions on a
certain change to [once] and I said my opionion, so did IOhannes. I
don't see how that is blocking anything.

Additionally I also sat down for 20 minutes and implemented your
proposed change, I even extended its features in a way that seemed
natural to me. I also don't see how this is blocking development,
instead I think, this *is* development.

Third: I thought purepd is meant to "replace standard externals", as
stated in the README. Now your proposed change to [once] would
actually make [purepd/once] incompatible with the "standard external"
[once] in IEM (which actually isn't an external anyways).

Finally: I think I've said all I wanted to say regarding purepd/once.

Ciao