[PD-dev] Using PD just as an API

Jarbas Jacome jandila at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 23:35:11 CEST 2006

Thanks, IOhannes. I will research GriPD and DesireData. But I was
asking if it would be something like DirectShow pragraming. I'm new in
PD but have a little experience with DirectShow witch we can build a
graph with GraphEdit.exe. But we can build the same graph using
directshow functions in c++, hard coded in our program.
Now imagine PDGUI instead of GraphEdit, so where can I find the
functions to connect the pd modules in my code, hard coded, without
knowing anything about PDGUI and how can I access the PD objects? over
the air... (in DirectShow its possible because of COM registry)
I mean a funtion like for example "pGraph->Connect(pOut, pIn);" in the
function ConnectFilters(IGraphBuilder *pGraph, IBaseFilter *pFirst,
IBaseFilter *pSecond) of Gem's pix_videoDS.cpp
but in our case, connecting PD modules pins instead of DirectShow filters pins.
j.jR.