[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1561839 ] rhythmic glitching on PowerBook G4

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 20 03:31:25 CEST 2006

Bugs item #1561839, was opened at 2006-09-19 21:31
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=1561839&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: v0.39.2

Initial Comment:

On an Apple PowerBook G4 1.67GHz running 10.4.7, the
sound always had a pulsing glitch on it no matter if
any sound was being generated or not.  When I switched
the output sampling rate to 48000, the glitching went
away.  When I switched back to 44100, the glitching
came back.

I saw this one other time on a PowerBook, but it was
also happening to Audacity.  This time it was only
happening for Pd.  My guess is that its related to
portaudio.

This was on a student's laptop, so I can't test again.