[PD-dev] autobuild emails, once again

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 20 10:04:20 CEST 2006

hi

any news on this front?

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> We briefly discussed this, I'd like to make a proposition.  I think we
> should have the auto-build emails be sent to pd-cvs.  I can make them
> all come from root at autobuild.puredata.info
>
> Any objections?

after browsing threw the logs on the website, i noticed that they are
about 4-5 MB for each supported (currently 5) platform, which is quite
big for a mailinglist.

i would therefore suggest to NOT send the full logs to the mailinglist,
but only a notification for each build target that failed, and a link to
the logfile (and please don't use the "latest" link for this).

speaking of this i guess it might be time to allow pd-cvs subscribees to
chose whether they would want the emails in digest mode or not.

mf.asdr
IOhannes