[PD-dev] missing file from pd-MAIN and fftw version

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Sep 26 16:10:57 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> Yes indeed.  I'm thinking of automatically having new classes shadow old ones,
> so that anything in Pd could simpy be "externed" over.  Not sure of all the
> long-term ramifications, but I like the idea.

Namespaces, anyone? ;)

I think, "externing over" should be a feature on patch level. I'm
thinking of something like the Python syntax for importing modules
which basically has three forms:

import zexy
# builtin fft:
fft()
# zexy's fft has to be called with prefix:
zexy.fft()

from zexy import fftw
# now fft() also calls zexy's fft:
fft()

from zexy import *
# again zexy's fft shadows the builtin fft:
fft()

Ciao