[PD-dev] pd cvs list policy

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Sep 28 13:02:11 CEST 2006

Tim Blechmann wrote:
> hi hans, hi rest,
>
> would it be possible to forward the pd extended autobuild notification
> mails to another list than pd-cvs?
>
> - i'm interested in the commit messages, not in the autobuild error
> messages
> - it's not possible to switch off digest mode for the pd-cvs list and
> thus, i'm not able to filter out the autobuild mails by forwarding
> to /dev/null

i have changed that before the autobuild-logs started.
you can now turn off digest mode if you want to.

> i see two possibilities:
> - switch off the forced digest mode for pd-cvs to make it possible to
> automatically delete pd-extended mails
> - send pd extended mails to a pd-extended-log list

another possibility would be to use "topics" for the pd-cvs list.
subscribees can then choose, which topics they would like to receive (a
topic is set, if the subject-line matches a certain criterion)

i don't think we should have too many mailing-lists with autogenerated
emails.

mfg.asdr
IOhannes