[PD-dev] pd cvs list policy

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Sep 28 22:01:55 CEST 2006

On Sep 28, 2006, at 7:02 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Tim Blechmann wrote:
>> hi hans, hi rest,
>> would it be possible to forward the pd extended autobuild
>> notification
>> mails to another list than pd-cvs?
>> - i'm interested in the commit messages, not in the autobuild error
>> messages
>> - it's not possible to switch off digest mode for the pd-cvs list and
>> thus, i'm not able to filter out the autobuild mails by forwarding
>> to /dev/null
>
> i have changed that before the autobuild-logs started.
> you can now turn off digest mode if you want to.
>
>> i see two possibilities:
>> - switch off the forced digest mode for pd-cvs to make it possible to
>> automatically delete pd-extended mails - send pd extended mails to
>> a pd-extended-log list
>
> another possibility would be to use "topics" for the pd-cvs list.
> subscribees can then choose, which topics they would like to
> receive (a topic is set, if the subject-line matches a certain
> criterion)
>
> i don't think we should have too many mailing-lists with
> autogenerated emails.

Is it possible to have the CVS commits remain in digest while the
auto-build logs come as individual emails?  That would be the ideal
setup, I think, because the autobuild logs don't get sent if
everything built successfully.  So their presence means something
isn't working.  The idea is that people who only work on one platform
can tell whether their changes broke anything on other platforms.