[PD-dev] BUG: namespace prefixes broken in 0.40

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Oct 13 23:19:00 CEST 2006

I was just looking into the new canvas-based env and [declare]
stuff.  The canvas-specific path stuff is definitely a step in the
right direction.  But as it is now, namespace prefixes are totally
broken.   It is no longer possible to use [prefix/classname] syntax,
which is essential to the namespaces because it is the only way that
two classes with the same root classname could be used in the same
patch, i.e. like this, where each object is a different class:

[prepend]
[cxc/prepend]
[cyclone/prepend]

This is because with the new sys_onloadlist() functionality that
checks to see whether a class has already been loaded.  It only uses
the direct classname, not the prefix also.

scarcity."        -John Gilmore