[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1094912 ] message-based access to the audio api

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Oct 19 02:28:28 CEST 2006

On Oct 18, 2006, at 1:28 AM, carmen wrote:

> On Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 01:12:52AM -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> Well, that one was submitted almost two years ago, Miller
>> responded over a year ago, and no one ever followed up on his
>> comment.  So that sounds to me like its
>> abandoned.
>
> i'm pretty sure a recent email mentioned message-based access to
> the audio API. dont assume just bacsue teh patch tracker has
> abandoned a patch, that miller has abandoned the idea..

That is true.  Miller uses his own private methods for tracking, for
better or worse.  But this patch in question was unanswered for over
a year, so it seems appropriate to close it for now.  It can always
be reopened.

> what is the main concern here. SF.net's disk space? i'm sure they
> have plenty...

Usability of the patch tracker.  If its just a giant collection of
patches, some abandoned, some useful, etc. then it becomes a lot of
work to wade thru.  The idea is to keep it a manageable list of
active patches.

realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams