[PD-dev] Re: zexyconf.h conflicts

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Oct 19 10:43:29 CEST 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I am getting conflicts just my using your build stuff.  Could you remove
> zexyconf.h from CVS since its dynamically generated?  Otherwise this
> will require manual intervention after automatic builds.
>
> RCS file: /cvsroot/pure-data/externals/zexy/src/zexyconf.h,v
> retrieving revision 1.3
> retrieving revision 1.4
> Merging differences between 1.3 and 1.4 into zexyconf.h
> rcsmerge: warning: conflicts during merge
> cvs update: conflicts found in zexy/src/zexyconf.h
> C zexy/src/zexyconf.h

i see. this is indeed a problem.
the reason why zexyconf.h is checked in, is that you can also build zexy
with M$VC without running configure first: in this case nobody will
create the zexyconf.h file, which - imho - makes building
overcomplicated (i don't think it is an option to tell people to copy
zexyconf.h.in to zexyconf.h and edit to their needs).

the issue here was, that incidentially a "generic" zexyconf.h has been
overwritten in the past by a generated file.
i have to read the CVS manual, to see how to exclude checked in files
from being updated.

another solution might be, to run "make distclean" before doing CVS
updates, which will remove the generated files.

mfgg.ar
IOhannes