debugging WAS: [PD-dev] Inconsistency in behaviour using Gem... my fault?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 1 17:29:00 CET 2006

First off, its helpful to split off multiple questions into multiple
emails.  Most people don't expect a new topic at the bottom of a long
email.  If you write really long ones like this, then you're
questions will most likely be overlooked.  I skimmed to the bottom
and saw the stuff about debugging.

Debugging is an area that could use some work.  I know that Max/MSP
has a stepper but I have heard from some that its useless, while
others say they sometimes find it useful.  Right now, the [print] is
the main debug mechanism.  But you can make print much easier to
use.  That's basically the most used functionality of gdb: live,
interactive printf() of variables.

Here's a super quick demo: